Implantació i gestióCreació de Circuits de Crèdit Social, Barter o Moneda Social a partir de l’experiència en projectes reals
Disseny a midaAjuda a la posada en marxa de projectes tant de Circuit de Crèdit Social, Barter o Moneda Social a partir de requeriments específics
Gestió tecnològicaImplantació, Personalització, Gestió i Suport de la plataforma Cyclos 4
Vols més informació? Si us plau, omple el formulari i estarem encantats d'ajudar-te.
Ubiquat Technlogies is a member of the VILAWATT project, coordinated by the city council of Viladecans and funded by the EU program Urban Innovative Actions (UIA).
Complementary currencies are microfinance products often used as incentive schemes to encourage behaviours toward predefined goals, be them economic, social and/or environmental. Economic goals can be, for example, to foster consumer loyalty, to grant micro-credits to local businesses, or to increase the local spending multiplier effect of public expenditures. Social goals are often related to volunteering activities or improving community-building within a neighbourhood. Finally, environmental goals are often related to prevent or to mitigate climate change and to encourage ecological behaviours.
In the case of Vilawatt energy currency, a tailor-made design will be made to meet specific objectives of the project. The main target groups are the Local Energy Operator users (individuals and businesses), the local economy, and also the Viladecans City Hall and citizenship in general.
Vilawatt currency main goal will be to encourage energy efficiency investments and energy saving behaviours of participating families and businesses. This will be done by measuring energy saving impact of the Vilawatt participating individual or family dwellings, and rewarding them with an energy currency or incentive scheme for their behavioural change. This will help them go through their transition of change process from their currently high energy consumption level to a lower one (or, in case of low income households that are not currently wasting energy, one that increases their comfort with the same energy consumption level).
The secondary goal will be to stimulate the local economy and employment by encouraging consumer loyalty to local businesses and, in particular, environmentally-friendly local shops. The energy currency will be able to be spent in the Local Energy Operator’s energy bill, but also in a network of local businesses, therefore fostering consumer loyalty and increasing local demand and employment.
Apart from the economic incentive (i.e. additional purchasing power) that the beneficiaries may receive, the energy currency will also be used as an environmental marketing tool for awareness-rising about the specific set of actions that families can make to save energy and mitigate climate change, as well as to save money in their energy bills. By connecting specific actions to specific rewards, and adjusting each action to a given level of reward, participants will learn what should be their behavioural change priorities.
The marketing character of the energy currency scheme should not be neglected. Its circulation among local consumers and businesses will help to spread the message of the benefits of joining to the Local Energy Operator. By combining the launch of the Vilawatt Local Energy Operator and the energy currency, an online and offline marketing campaign will be conducted to increase membership. As the energy currency will circulate among non-members, it will also be used as a communication channel to inform and encourage them to join the local energy operator. Of course, the fact that the energy currency can be used to pay the operator’s energy bill will also help to increase its membership.
- Vilawatt currency is a payment system or reward scheme that conditions certain Euro cash transfers in order to encourage desired behaviours.
- It is a real time electronic payments network, where real money circulates within a semi-closed circuit of registered members.
- It is trade network matching local supply and demand to stimulate the local economy and simultaneously encourage energy transition-related behaviours.
- The means of payment within this circuit is E-money managed by a Bank of Spain-licensed Electronic Money Entity.
- E-money units are the digital representation of deposits stored in a ring- fenced bank account, so they are 100% backed and guaranteed.
- Transactions are “payments and charges”, “debits and credits” among system participants.
- Transactions can be carried out through different channels: Internet, mobile phone (APP) and physical vouchers backed by e-money.
- The system is 100% transparent because it systematically and automatically records movements, granting traceability of operations.
- City hall hands out grants in e-money. Individuals could also buy e-money units (exchange of cash or bank deposits for e-money units).
- The support of the City Hall will not only be the channelling of public expenditures (grants) through the Vilawatt payment system, but also to increase its acceptability allowing payment in energy currency of municipal fees and public services.
- Optionally, a D-rate system can be configured, which not allows the e-money exchange to euros until it has reached its minimum circulation days. It also has the option to exchange the e-money to euros before reaching its minimum circulation days applying a cash-out fee.